- JOB TYPE Full Time
- LOCATION Waimate District Council
- REFERENCE 4212011
- LISTED 12:02 PM Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Waimate District Council is a small Council with a team approach to getting the job done. We are an innovative Council and there is always something new and exciting happening within the community. Waimate is situated 2.5 hours from Dunedin and Christchurch and just half an hour to Timaru or Oamaru. We are a small community with a population of 7,200. This is an ideal location for family and outdoor sports and pursuits with a rural lifestyle.
In this role you will support the Council Leadership Team and elected members by developing and delivering high-quality and timely policy advice and analysis. This will include advising on the implications of policies, identifying trends, risks and developments.
As our sole Policy Analyst you will support our leadership team working strategically to develop and implement policy across a range of projects. You will also be coordinating the development of Council's Strategic Planning and Reporting documents.
As you will project-manage and contribute to projects, you will need exceptional communication skills, enabling you to effectively consult with internal and external stakeholders. You will be able to identify and overcome barriers with your strong analysis and problem solving skills and demonstrate strategic leadership.
You will need to have:
- Previous experience as a policy analyst or in a similar working environment
- A capacity to quickly identify and clearly express core elements of an issue or proposal
- The ability to find policy solutions and think broadly
- The ability to work to tight timeframes
- You will be organised, customer focused and, most importantly, have a can do attitude
Apply online here: